Wednesday, May 11, 2011

813.6 miles

Olympia to Seattle:          61.59 miles
Seattle to George:           148.81 miles
George to Spokane:          131.19 miles
Spokane to Portland:        351.30 miles
Portland to Deer Island:    33.72 miles
Deer Island to Olympia:    86.99 miles

So, we left Oly on
Saturday afternoon. 
We arrived back home late Sunday nite.
*grins*
Most all of this was for Gina.
Some of this was for the fuck of it.
The grrls had to go to Spokane anyway.
...
Sunset adventures on the edge of the world.
Glass water underfoot.
Alluring hands pushing
my back against the chain link fence.
Ice wrestling,
broken toes,
cannot do without the poetry and prose.
It was an okay weekend,
I suppose!
...
Warped in so many ways: she unfolds me in less than 200 miles. 
I suppose that it's easier to see just how many vices I really do have
and do engage in
when I
stand: sit: kneel: pray
next to her
in a quiet quick sand field. 
Sunk
into the branches
pressed upon the ground
for a picnic with no wine or cheese
on a dirty punk jacket
with only one button... 
I fall
in love
with another moment,
another blurp in time.
I am filled with a satisfied desire to engage. 
How is it so easy to
be there
in the serene
amidst bad music that even a hill:ravine:forest
cannot mute? 
Did we really drive
86 miles
with only a
momentary pause? 
Sometimes,
I think I talk too much. 
Other times,
I know I do. 
I felt oddly safe
wrapped in red sports car moments
with you. 

I have no delusions about how far the atlantic licks from the pacific. 
That doesn't end the intrigue:
doesn't quench eager desire:
doesn't inhibit me
from falling in love
one moment at a time
or all at once
bathed in ice or water from a can.

No comments: